Monday, January 23, 2012

Adventures in a new rug project

So my second project that I just now finished is this really great rug I found on this awesome blog.... http://xoelle.com/2009/05/t-shirt-latch-hook-rug-tutorial/

So after heading to the store and grabbing the supplies I needed I was so very excited to get started. Who knew just how many hours this was going to take.....

I started with some latch hook canvas and taped it off



Next I started the knots of 1" x 4" strips of jersey tshirt in a pattern of two rows of white, then one of pink, yellow and lime green.




So after just a few rows.... Only 127.... Haha I now have this awesome rug for my bathroom.







Here is a few in an up close view



I even liked what it looked like on the back


So needless to say I am more than excited about my amazing new rug but don't know that I will be making another one of these as the amount of hours ended up just a little bit more time than I thought. Guess its now on to the next pinterest project that will hopefully take less time.

1 comment: